Author: Marah Alindogan
Date: Apr 25th 2017

Erin Moran’s husband, Steve Fleischmann, revealed heartbreaking details about the months leading up to her death in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

New evidence from the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office on Monday suggested that the actress likely died due to complications from stage 4 cancer. The open letter, which was posted on Scott Baio’s official Facebook page, confirmed the report.

“Erin and I met 4/22/1992 and parted ways 4/22/2017,” her husband began the letter.

He recalled that Erin “woke up and had about a dime size blood stain on her pillowcase” right after they got back from a trip to celebrate their wedding anniversary in November of last year. After a couple of days, they kept on finding more blood.

“I get a flashlight and say let me look. It was not her tongue it was her tonsil on the left side. I thought it was tonsillitis,” wrote Fleischmann.

After getting a biopsy, doctors confirmed she had squamous cell carcinoma — a common form of cancer. Shortly after, she started radiation and chemo — five days a week on radiation and chemo only on Thursdays.

However, Erin’s condition slowly deteriorated: “It got so bad so fast. By the middle of February, Erin could no longer speak or eat or drink.”

Despite her poor health, the actress remained in good spirits.

“She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day,” Steve added.

The day before her death, April 21, she had trouble breathing. And the next day, Steve claimed she wasn’t 100 percent.

“I laid down next to her held her right hand in my left. I feel asleep woke up about a hour later still holding her hand and she was gone, she was just gone …”

Steve revealed Norton Cancer Institute, where his wife received treatments, “never said how bad it was.”

“The coroner told me it was really really bad. It had spread to her spleen, she had alot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was infected,” he shared. “The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she still would not of made it. He said it was the best that she was with me and went in her sleep.”